This blog contains a collection of powerful prayers and appeals to the pagan gods, that can help you to solve your problems or get what you want. Be careful, the gods do not like being disturbed at trifles. Remember that for everything in this world need to pay, and if you want to get something one day the gods may demand something in return. Need to be prepared for it. Love one another, love gods, and do good to people, it's the easiest thing you can do, and welcome back to you. Blessed Be!

Thursday 19 November 2009

Witchcraft Aves Flying Ointment

Witchcraft Aves Flying Ointment Image
Someone recently requested a concoction similar to my Toad Salve but for birds instead, specifically crow and owl, to be used for shapeshifting and flying (astral travel, hedgecrossing, etc). So going through my previous experiments and considering the request I came up with a recipe using delicious golden duck fat, shaved Barn Owl bone, ashes of Crow feathers, various herbs for astral projection, a copious amount of balm of gilead buds, and mandrake root, the entheogen the person requested. After I put aside their portion I added some belladonna to the remaining fat mixture. This post is for the reader's amusement only as the preparation methods and quantities are very important - so no recipe will be given - as lovely as my wonderful witchy readers are I know there are others on this world wide web who might foolishly try to make it without proper research first or use it outside the proper context to "get high" - and stronger is not better when it comes to psychoactives my friends!

First I rinsed my lovely fat duck in cold water to wash away blood and then I set to work removing all the fat but leaving all the meat using my butchery skills (I'm sure my former Chefs didn't have this in mind when teaching me butchery!). If you've never quartered poultry before let alone painstakingly removed just the fat, I don't recommend trying this without someone showing you how to do it first and testing yourself a few times on less precious chickens. I collected all of the fat into a pot and then portioned the remaining meat and cut up the carcass to save for making soup stock.

Then I put the fat on the stove on low heat for about 4 hours until the skin the fat was attached to was golden and crisp and any liquid not fat had been evapourated. Then I strained out the skin and bits and added the herbs, bird bits, and entheogens and let the fat mixture simmer on the lowest heat for another 3-4 hours. The smell of the flying ointment filled the whole house with the rich luscious scent of duck fat and balm of gilead - it should seriously be an air freshener scent! I can't even describe it to you, you'd have to smell it!

After this was ready I strained it twice, once through a medium sieve and once through a fine one. The fat from one duck renders down into about one and half cups of pure golden liquid. Then I added beeswax and portioned the Aves Salve into two ounce jars to set. Once left overnight I'll be able to label them and will list some in the Botanica "after" testing it out first to make sure it won't scare anyone (too much). With luck the effects will be mild but very useful. Entheogens which have been made fat-soluble have been shown to increase the production of melatonin in the pineal gland (the third eye), and create the most vivid waking "dreams" - in effect opening the door of your third eye while awake. I think the witches of old knew quite a bit more than they let on and modern scientists are just figuring this out

On modern witches salves from Witchcraft Medicine:


"despite the fact that none of the 'modern witches' themselves have any experience with the plants, they warn about the poisonous additives. In this literature, which is as superficial and empty as the elaborately fashionable themes of tantra and shamanism, it is considered trendy to brew 'modern flying ointments, guaranteed to be not poisonous.' The recipes are nothing more than ineffective rubbish."



Tags: egyptian gods and goddesses family tree  pictures of god and goddess  greek gods and goddesses names and meanings  greek god and goddesses names  book of shadows pages  simple wicca spells