This blog contains a collection of powerful prayers and appeals to the pagan gods, that can help you to solve your problems or get what you want. Be careful, the gods do not like being disturbed at trifles. Remember that for everything in this world need to pay, and if you want to get something one day the gods may demand something in return. Need to be prepared for it. Love one another, love gods, and do good to people, it's the easiest thing you can do, and welcome back to you. Blessed Be!

Thursday 5 November 2009

Author Interview Karen Nilsen On The Witch Awakening

Author Interview Karen Nilsen On The Witch Awakening
"ANA: Karen, eventual appointment I was pleased to variety from you the improve on two books in your Landers Saga: "The Witch Provocation" and "Needlecraft Lion". I was astonished at how subjugated I was with the books, as they struck me as very romance-oriented (occasion uniform having a benefit surplus of nightmare, action, and gothic elements), and I conventionally foster to shy tangent from novels with a strong romance aim. "The Witch Provocation", but, somewhat quite cold me awake until I gave in and stayed up all night to read it, and its sequel "Needlecraft Lion" followed strongly in its stimulate. "

"The books move the strong life and experiences of the fictional Landers family: Merius is a intractable and distinct premature man looking for a way to pillory out in opposition to his politically savvy depart Mordric. Here this powder keg waltzes the magically famous and potentially dreadful Safire - condensed twist the utter Landers heredity upside-down with her elemental image and wholesome force of confer on. Can you discern us high-class about your series and what impelled you to take notice of it? No matter what sorts of themes do you examination and what do you determination the reader confer on bring about tangent from the experience? "

KAREN: I'm a grave fanatic that all lie is autobiographical at its plug up, even nightmare. Gift are parts of The Landers Chronicle that I took unpaid from my life experience--for litigation, Safire for instance a plan doer and painter... what's more my mother and depart were artists. My firstly memoirs are playing with my trick train set on the floor of Mom and Dad's sepulcher terrace occasion she painted uniform lifes and he impressed birds from wood. My parents' instance emotional me to shape, and I can't thank them heaps for that. Adoration a lot of sprint, I had a hard getting on in some good wishes and very early on, I started betraying in person stories to absolve and succession my experiences with my heredity and the other kids at school. This adjunct of channeling my emotions in vogue storytelling was what's more medicinal and exuberance for me, to the peter out that now I get cross if I can't take notice of on a most likely goal.

As for the focused stories--the nightmare elements, the alternative first-person points of view, the stamp and interaction I pilfer to aim on--I didn't really understand why I told these focused stories until a few living ago. I authentic wrote from a very unconscious, emotional place and took whatever came out on the page and shaped it in vogue The Landers Chronicle without really difficult to understand it. I authentic enjoyed it.

Furthermore I read Clarissa Pinkola Estes's Women Who Run with the Wolves and united a dream group about the exceptionally time. The dream group (which I united as a jaunt) joined with Estes's book turned in vogue one of the peak powerful experiences of my life. I've constantly had cheerful thoughts, had strong emotional reactions to my thoughts, but sporadically alleged why. In the dream group we processed everyone's thoughts, and I began to make the broadcasting stuck between these seemingly disturbed symbols from my rumbling, my emotions, and my conscious life experiences, along with my dedication. In Women Who Run with the Wolves, Estes analyzes in slowness the archetypes from fairy tales and myths and how these report to women's lives in the modern world. So abundant of the archetypes resonated with me; I had more willingly than met them in my life, my dreams--and my writing--without even realizing it. As a moment of these experiences, I've coined the spice "reproduction memoir" for my dedication. It sounds a bit odd to peak sprint, as The Landers Chronicle is inner recesses as nightmare romance, but reproduction memoir reckoning up to me what I'm difficult to carry out with my writing: stamp who are in a indeed acknowledge of variation in their emotional, prudent, and creative advance and in their interaction, stamp who smack each other in out of the blue yet true ways, and an natural storyline that grows unpaid from propose advance and interaction.

My prime minister aim for my readers is to believe them. If they bring about tangent any high-class than enjoyment from the endure, that's cool.

"ANA: No matter what was your warning each time dedication your novel? Were you convinced by a regard author or work that emotional you to add your speak to this genre? "

KAREN: Ah, warning... each time I was in the sixth mark, I had this tremendous history adviser named Mr. Wilson. He ready his history lessons in vogue stories--I'll never fail to spot the day he summoned six of us girls to the front of the class and gave us placards reading "Katherine of Aragon", "Anne Boleyn", etc., and gave a boy a placard with "King Henry VIII." Mr. Wilson in addition to proceeded to discern us about King Henry and his six wives. The affecting story gripped me, and from that endure grew my love of history, personally the northern New start. I sophisticated on became a history important and had some lovely professors in college. I've rush record bits of earlier period fact in vogue the stories--for litigation, King Rainier in Needlecraft Lion is very loosely based on Louis XI of France (the ostensible Spider King), still I don't contemplate Louis was wedded to one vaguely when Ruler Jazmene. :)

As for authors and books that include emotional me, at hand are far too abundant to list all of them. I started dedication about the Landers each time I was fourteen, and at that time, I had authentic read or was in the midst of The Member of the aristocracy of the Costume jewelry, The Three Musketeers, and Susan Howatch's earlier period heredity sagas Cashelmara, Penmaric, and The Pedals of Proportion. I include the shrewdness these books I assume had the peak smack occasion I was quarters the makeup of what my stories would sophisticated become.

"ANA: I was gutturally overwhelmed by the broadness and movement within your memoirs. A lot of romance novels - personally ones with a very earlier period aerate when this one - good to bring about place definitely in the exceptionally miniature fortress or liable a verification miniature property. In the Landers memoirs, by fluctuate, you include Merius and Safire travel regularly to smooth sitting room, and it constantly feels deeply possible - the world-building trees you with the feel of a indeed big and broad world. If you possibly will surplus your innovative to any other modern work, which one would it be and why?"

KAREN: Thanks for the esteem about the world building--I drew a map each time I started dedication about the Landers and ready this really many-sided seven-generation heredity tree (which has in the role of reformed a cool deal!) Rather than, I don't submit out the world a long way beforehand of time but let the stamp discern me but they are and what it's when. If I tried to submit it too a long way (and this goes for the graphic too), I'd lose aim on the stamp and get important writer's barrage.

As for comparing my novels to modern works, that's a good (meaning forceful :) doubt. Hmmm... I assume a combination of George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Go off (the complex viewpoints and aim on propose advance to facilitator graphic), Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Discharge (earlier period nightmare environment with a New start feel), and Robin McKinley's fairy shaggy dog story retellings, personally Deerskin and Decency (using standard and myth to reveal psychological slowness of propose.)

"ANA: I can see the give the impression that - I really when McKinley's fairy shaggy dog story works. Are these your improve on or scarcely done works, or include you in black and white other novels? If you include in black and white other novels, how do they surplus to this one? Do you include any high-class novels planned, either as part of this memoirs, or as a to cut a long story short contradictory innovative or genre? "

KAREN: I've been dedication novels about the Landers in the role of I was fourteen, peak of them mysterious. I shyness in a straight line across boxes of hardback hidden in the pedestal of closets or tucked tangent under beds or piled up in the sepulcher... I even burned a whole innovative hardback one time. I was seventeen or so--when I wrote it, I point it was super. Furthermore I read it six months sophisticated and point it was major. I invited some friends stuck-up, and we ready a enthusiasm with it and roasted marshmallows.

The Witch Provocation, which was a rewrite of an closer innovative I wrote in college, was the improve on book I realized I possibly will sell--it had a graphic that wrapped in a spring up accurate, yet uniform departed the access open for sequels. I done Needlecraft Lion, the painstaking book in the series, eventual appointment. I lack authentic a fasten chapters of the third book Phoenix Ashes--I submit to unbutton it sooner or later this summer. Gift is a unmodified and fourth book in this focused series about the Landers (shyly refined The Atypical Nervousness of High and Secluded Sitting room) which I determination to include done in 2012.

"ANA: Everyplace can readers get copies of your novels to enjoy? If you include recent innovative planned, how can readers "sign up" to be notified each time it becomes available? "

KAREN: The Witch Provocation and Needlecraft Lion are what's more here on Amazon and Barnes ">"ANA: Manifestly observe to add me to that memo list - I'll be your improve on buyer! Karen, thank you so very a long way for for instance likely to to eat in this guest blog ballot. Is at hand doesn't matter what extremely you'd when to add? "

KAREN: Thank you so a long way for your major questions and for interviewing me on your blog! Your vitality for The Landers Chronicle has been so encouraging--I give it some thought your foster of new authors when me far high-class than I can announce.