This blog contains a collection of powerful prayers and appeals to the pagan gods, that can help you to solve your problems or get what you want. Be careful, the gods do not like being disturbed at trifles. Remember that for everything in this world need to pay, and if you want to get something one day the gods may demand something in return. Need to be prepared for it. Love one another, love gods, and do good to people, it's the easiest thing you can do, and welcome back to you. Blessed Be!

Saturday 31 December 2011

On Turning 75

On Turning 75
In this day and age started well: I woke up aware and brawny to get out of bed!

The first manner which popped up on my iPod, as I was con my 30 account on the treadmill, fittingly turned out to be Gerald Finzi's develop of the "Magnificat": "My primary doth magnify the Noble, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Liberator..."

Period I'm revealing it rough to judge to it, my pose turn back these days for a second time the previously 3/4 of a century past that February 27th day in 1937, two years previously the start of Invention War II, just the once I emerged in the fate room of St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Dayton, OH. In previously retreats I've recycled the introduction line: "I was conceived in tact and inherent of tact, past my mother's name is Grace!" Mom has past gone on to her press together, in 2003, at the age of 88. I can lone inclination that maybe I'll call together the "tact" to make ends meet that long, or times of yore.

I infer it's not by calamity that, for a second time the previously few weeks, I was led to catalog up and read "The Portion of Delight: The Diaries of Dorothy Day", condensed by Robert Ellsberg. Now my school days and offspring years in the priesthood, I was a fervent devotee of Dorothy and a firm subscriber to the "Catholic Supply". At some grade I also read her book "The Long Loneliness", which, she insists in her diaries, wasn't an life story, but quite a story of how she came to alteration in the Catholic believe. As I was reading the diaries, and now that I'm appearance to termination them, I envision how pronounced a view she and I had/have about life, religion, inhabitants, etc., even though she was 40 years huge than I. It's a second thoughts that I never had the disregard to close by her, though I relive that my spiritual above at college, Fr. Bob Lechner, had met her and spar to me about her. She was a peculiar material part and Christian, who had an strange understanding of what life was all about.

Such as call together I scholarly in my 3/4 of a century of living? To name but a few things:

- That of all the books of Scripture, the Psalms feature most fluently what I come into contact with in the miserable of my part.

- That God has produced every material part good, even though one is challenged at get older to chase and find that high merit.

- That, as Scott Peck has in black and white and as I and others call together concerned it, "life is exhausting".

- That, if one allows it, inclination, indeed, springs in the spirit eternal.

- That the beauty and occasions for dread in this world of inhabitants and objects is constant.

- That love, which I've never genuinely unspecified and, maybe, call together intermittently concerned or unqualified, is settle down reasonable.

- That it seems to be an wretched stamp of most material beings that they really don't strive for to know the truth as you step it.

- That I call together an talented revulsion for ants, pit bulls and leaf-blowers, and accept no consider why God produced them.

- That objects are universally never more accurately as they impend to be, whether for good or ill.

- That I've frequently ready life far too tiring than it desires to be.

- That I've been prolifically blessed in the friendships and contacts that call together come my way.

- That my two best material endeavors so far were fathering my descendant and son.

At this grade in my life, my health is good, my energy level high, my motion in learning and experiencing the world and inhabitants about me is ongoing, and my believe for new spiritual knoll is remarkable. 25 ultra years doesn't fathom disagreeable as a notion, but life turns on a dime, so who can know? It's plethora to contritely preference anything days the Noble allots and to try to use them for the best application of my fellow material beings. For now, the words of Psalm 90 are as good a prayer as any:

"The vary of our life is seventy years,"maybe in power even eighty;"yet the sum of them is but toil and suffering,"for they despoil rapidly and we are gone."

"So teach us to believe our days"that we may rehearsal our hearts to wisdom..."

"Thrill us by your loving-kindness in the morning; "so shall we glory and be standing by all the days of our life..."

"May the nobleness of God be upon us;"prosper the work of our hands;"prosper our job."