This blog contains a collection of powerful prayers and appeals to the pagan gods, that can help you to solve your problems or get what you want. Be careful, the gods do not like being disturbed at trifles. Remember that for everything in this world need to pay, and if you want to get something one day the gods may demand something in return. Need to be prepared for it. Love one another, love gods, and do good to people, it's the easiest thing you can do, and welcome back to you. Blessed Be!

Thursday 23 April 2009

Candle Growth

Candle Growth Image

Ritual for Growth, Healing, and Renewal
written by Amy D. Guthrie

Tools
Black candle
White candle
Athame
Goblet filled with water

note: this is best performed skyclad, but the same effect can be obtained while fully clothed.

Diety:


Ereshkigal, Assyro-Babylonian goddess of the Underworld, known for the ability to shed dead skin to grow and the deep power of renewal.

Setup
Facing north, place the black candle on the altar at south, the white candle at north, and the goblet in the middle.

Cast the Circle

Invocation:


Light the black candle.
"Oh, great goddess Ereshkigal, join me in this sacred place. Help me to grow and leave behind the petty ways of the world. Assist me in healing the scars that I have been inflicted with through other's cruelty. Teach me to respond with love and kindness."
Passing your athame three times through the fire of the black candle, say:
"Great goddess of the Underworld, as this black candle burns, help me to also burn away the blackness in myself."
Feel and envision yourself burning away the blackness that you carry with you. Blow out the candle.
Take a drink of water from the goblet. Say:
"With this drink of purity, help me to flush away the cinders left by the burning, so that I may be completely free from maliciousness."
Take a drop of water from the goblet and place it on the wick of the black candle.

Light the White candle.

Reflect on the purity of the color and the healing power of the light. Say:
"Ereshkigal, assist me in this time of renewal. Help me to heal from the scars that the world has left on me and to rejuvenate myself. Through this renewal, I will be better able to act with compassion and patience towards those that seek to hurt me."

Take time to reflect on this renewal proccess. Feel every part of your body become stronger, healthier, and more pure. Say:
"Oh, Great goddess Ereshkigal, help me to carry this growth and renewal with me in daily life."

Extinguish the white candle.

Open the Circle



Tags: greek god and goddess quiz  images of hindu god and goddess  god and goddess names  wallpaper of god and goddess  list of greek god and goddess  god and goddess pictures  the magick of aleister crowley